Potential Role of Tumor Microenvironment in the Progression of Oral Cancer
Roopa Rao, Thirumal Raj
Citation Information :
Rao R, Raj T. Potential Role of Tumor Microenvironment in the Progression of Oral Cancer. J Contemp Dent Pract 2015; 16 (3):0-0.
CC BY-NC 3.0
Copyright © 2015; Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd.
- The tumor microenvironment and its contribution to tumor evolution towardmetastasis. Histochem Cell Biol 2008 Dec;130(6):1091-1103.
- Molecular characterization of the tumor microenvironment in breast cancer. Cancer Cell 2004 Jul;6(1):17-32.
- Quantitative assessment of myofibroblast in severe dysplasia, microinvasion andoral squamous cell carcinoma: an immunohistochemical study. J Contemp Dent Pract 2013 Jan;14(1):34-38.
- TGF-beta signaling in fibroblasts modulates the oncogenic potential of adjacentepithelia. Science 2004 Feb 6;303(5659):848-851.
- Toll-like receptor 2 is present in the microenvironment of oral squamous cell carcinoma. Br J Cancer 2011 Feb;104(3):460-463.
- Toll-like receptor 4-dependent contribution of the immune system to anticancerchemotherapy and radiotherapy. Nat Med 2007 Sep;13(9):1050-1059.
- Triggering of Toll-like receptor 4 expressed on human head and neck squamous cell carcinoma promotes tumor development and protects the tumor from immune attack. Cancer Res 2009 Apr;69(7):3105-3513.
- Assessment of expression of toll-like receptors 2, 3 and 4 in laryngeal carcinoma. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 2007 May;264(5):525-530.
- Genetic progression model for head and neck cancer: Implications for field cancerization. Cancer Res 1996 Jun;56(11):2488-2492.
- Multiple aberrations of chromosome 3p detected in oral premalignant lesions. Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 2008 Nov;1(6):424-429.
- Functional genomic analysis identified epidermal growth factor receptor activation as the most common genetic event in oral squamous cell carcinoma. Cancer Res 2009 Mar;69(6):2568-2576.
- The grateful dead: damage-associated molecular pattern molecules and reduction/oxidation regulate immunity. Immunol Rev 2007 Dec; 220:60-81.
- Stromal fibroblasts present in invasive human breast carcinomas promote tumor growth and angiogenesis through elevated SDF-1/ CXCL12 secretion. Cell 2005 May;121(3):335-348.
- Coordinate oncodevelopmental modulation of alternative splicing of fibronectin pre-messenger RNA at ED-A, ED-B, and CS1 regions in human liver tumors. Cancer Res 1993 May;53(9):2005-2011.
- The fibronectin domain ED-A is crucial for myofibroblastic phenotype induction by transforming growth factor-beta1. J Cell Biol 1998;142(3):873-881.
- Matrix metalloproteinase-8 functions as a metastasis suppressor through modulation of tumor cell adhesion and invasion. Cancer Res 2008 Apr;68(8):2755-2763.
- Hypoxia and metabolic phenotypes during breast carcinogenesis: expression of HIF-10, GLUT1, and CAIX. Virchows Arch 2010 Jul;457(1):53-61.
- Role of HIF-10 in hypoxia-mediated apoptosis, cell proliferation and tumour angiogenesis. Nature 1998 Jul;394(6692):485-490.
- Oxygen-mediated regulation of gelatinase and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-1 expression by invasive cells. Exp Cell Res 2001 Jul;267(1):88-94.
- Expression of vascular endothelial growth factor by macrophages is up-regulated in poorly vascularized areas of breast carcinomas. J Pathol 2000 Oct;192(2):150-158.
- Secretion of epidermal growth factor by macrophages associated with breast carcinoma. Lancet 1993 Jul;342(8864):148-149.
- Autocrine production of IL-10 mediates defective IL-12 production and NF-kB activation in tumor-associated macrophages. J Immunol 2000 Jan;164(2):762-767.