Factors Affecting Saudi Parents’ Perception of their Children's First Dental Visit
Thakib A. Al-Shalan
Citation Information :
Al-Shalan TA. Factors Affecting Saudi Parents’ Perception of their Children's First Dental Visit. J Contemp Dent Pract 2003; 4 (4):54-66.
CC BY-NC 3.0
Copyright © 2003; Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd.
Al-Shalan TA. Factors Affecting Saudi Parents’ Perception of their Children's First Dental Visit. J Contemp Dent Pract 2003 November;(4)4:054-066.
- Arlington, VA: National Center for Education in Maternal and Child Care, 1994, pp 3-190.
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry Guidelines. In: American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry Reference Manual 2002-2003. Pediatr Dent 2002;24:47.
- Oral health status of women and children in the United States. J Public Health Dent. 1990;50(6 Spec No):379-89. Review. No abstract available. PMID: 2286945 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
- Dental caries prevalence and treatment levels in Arizona preschool children. Public Health Rep 1997;112:319-329.
- Feeding and socioeconomic characteristics of nursing caries in children in a Saudi population. Pediatr Dent 1995;17:451-454.
- Comparison of Caries in 6-7 years-old Saudi Girls Attending Public and Armed Forces Schools in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Saudi Dent J 2000;12:33-36.
- Caries Prevalence in Saudi primary schoolchildren of Riyadh and their teachers’ oral health knowledge, attitude and practices. Saudi Med J 2002;23(1):77-81.
- Prevalence of dental caries in Al-Qaseem region, Saudi Arabia. Pakistan Oral Dent J 1993;13:19-27.
- A comparison of perceived and actual dental needs of a select group of children in Texas. Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 1976;4:89-93.
- Some aspects of patient education by dentists of mothers with young children. Neth Dent J 1978;85:6-33.
- Children's dental health in England and Wales. Office of population censuses and surveys, social survey division, 1973.
- Oral health survey of Saudi Arabia: Oral health knowledge attitudes and practices among adults. Saudi Dent J 1996;8:(supplement 1):6.
- Primary incisor decay before age 4 as a risk factor for future dental caries. Pediatr Dent 1997;19:37-41.
- Saudi parents’ attitude toward children's first dental visit in College of Dentistry, King Saud University: A survey. Saudi Med J 23:1110-1114.
- Maternal level of Streptococcus mutans and primary oral infection in infants. Arch Oral Biol 1981;26:147-149.
- The effect of caries preventive measures in mothers on the oral presence of the bacteria Streptococcus mutans and lactobacilli in their children. Arch Oral Biol 1984;29:879-883.
- Initial acquisition of mutans streptococci by infants: evidence for a discrete window of infectivity. J Dent Res 1993;72:37-45.
- Effect of Chlorhexidine-gel treatments in mothers on the establishment of mutans streptococci in primary teeth and the development of dental caries in children. Caries Res 1992;26:275-280.
- An analysis of dental visits in U.S. children, by category of service and sociodemographic factors, 1996. Pediatr Dent 2001;23:383-9.
- Caries prevalence in 2 and 3 year old children of Adelaide, Australia. Odontostomatol Trop 1998;21:22-23.
- Origins and characteristics of fear in dentistry. J Am Dent Assoc 1973;86:842.
- An empirical study of the etiology of dental fears. J Clin Psychol 1954;10:171.
- The challenge of fearful and phobic children. Dent Clin North Am 1988;32:667-692.