Medical Health and Medication Use in Elderly Dental Patients
Aree Jainkittivong, Vilaiwan Aneksuk, Robert P. Langlais
Citation Information :
Jainkittivong A, Aneksuk V, Langlais RP. Medical Health and Medication Use in Elderly Dental Patients. J Contemp Dent Pract 2004; 5 (1):31-41.
CC BY-NC 3.0
Copyright © 2004; Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd.
Jainkittivong A, Aneksuk V, Langlais RP. Medical Health and Medication Use in Elderly Dental Patients. J Contemp Dent Pract 2004 February;(5)1:031-041.
- Medications and health histories: a survey of 4,365 dental patients. J Am Dent Assoc. 1979 May;98(5):713-8.
- al. Dental findings in geriatric populations with diverse medical backgrounds. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 1995 Jul;80(1):43-54.
- al. Association between dental health and acute myocardial infarction. BMJ. 1989 Mar 25;298(6676):779-81.
- al. Dental infections in association with cerebral infarction in young and middle-aged men. J Intern Med. 1989 Mar;225(3):179-84.
- al. Periodontal disease and cardiovascular disease. J Periodontol. 1996 Oct;67(10 Suppl):1123-37. Review.
- al. Assessing the relationship between dental disease and coronary heart disease in elderly U.S. veterans. J Am Dent Assoc. 1998 Mar;129(3):301-11.
- al. Prevalence of medical problems in periodontal patients obtained from three different populations. J Periodontol. 1987 Aug;58(8):564-8.
- Frequency of self-reported medical conditions in periodontal patients. J Periodontol. 1995 Nov;66(11):1004-7.
- Assessment of the medical status in a dental school patient population. CU Dent J 1997;20:35-42.
- Systemic diseases in elderly dental patients. Int Dent J. 1993 Jun;43(3):213-8.
- Medical status, functional status and drug utilization patterns of a population of older dental patients in Winnipeg, Manitoba. J Can Dent Assoc. 1997 Jan;63(1):29-33.
- Oral health status of institutionalized geriatric residents in Metro Manila. J Philipp Dent Assoc. 1998 Jun-Aug;50(1):4-23.
- al. Oral health and medical status in dentate low-income older persons. Spec Care Dentist. 1998 Mar-Apr;18(2):70-7.
- Diseases in the elderly with implications for oral status and dental therapy. In:Pederson PH, Löe H, eds. Geriatric Dentistry. Munksgaard: Copenhagen; 1986:179-186.
- Common diseases, functional disorders and medication among the elderly. Int Dent J. 1992 Oct;42(5):335-8. Review. No abstract available.
- al. Use of medications with dental significance by a non-institutionalized elderly population. Gerodontics. 1988 Jun;4(3):119-25. No abstract available.
- al. Adverse drug interactions in dental practice. Professional and educational implications. J Am Dent Assoc. 1999 Jan;130(1):47-54.
- al. Prevalence and significance of prescription medication usage among gerodontic patients. Gerodontology. 1987 Spring;6(1):17-22. No abstract available.
- al. Documenting medication use in adult dental patients: 1987-1991. J Am Dent Assoc. 1992 Nov;123(11):40-8.
- Drug treatment in 70-82-year-old persons. A longitudinal study. Acta Med Scand. 1987;221(2):179-84.
- Drug use in a geriatric population. J Am Geriatr Soc. 1979 Aug;27(8):374-7.
- Pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic aspects of geriatric drug therapy. Gerodontics. 1985 Aug;1(4):160-4. No abstract available.
- Medications with dental significance: usage in a nursing home population. Spec Care Dentist. 1991 Jan-Feb;11(1):19-25.
- al. Association between salivary flow rate and the use of systemic medication among 76-, 81-, and 86-year-old inhabitants in Helsinki, Finland. J Dent Res. 1992 Dec;71(12):1875-80.
- Adverse drug effects. Dent Clin North Am. 1994 Oct;38(4):769-83. Review.
- Postmenopausal tooth loss. Contributions to edentulism by osteoporosis and cigarette smoking. Arch Intern Med. 1983 Sep;143(9):1678-82.
- al. Tooth loss and skeletal bone density in healthy postmenopausal women. Osteoporos Int. 1994 Mar;4(2):104-9.
- Increased risk of tooth loss is related to bone loss at the whole body, hip, and spine. Calcif Tissue Int. 1996 Dec;59(6):433-7.
- Salivary flow, saliva, pH and buffering capacity in 70-year-old men and women. Correlation to dental health, dryness in the mouth, disease and drug treatment. J Oral Rehabil. 1984 Mar;11(2):157-70.
- [Survey of drug used and medical history among dental out-patients] J Dent Assoc Thai. 1990 Mar-Apr;40(2):68-74. Thai.
- al. Use of medications with potential oral adverse drug reactions in community-dwelling elderly. Spec Care Dentist. 1993 Jul-Aug;13(4):171-6.
- Association between untreated caries and age, gender and dental attendance in adults. Community Dent Oral Epidemiol. 1993 Jun;21(3):126-8.
- Gender, psychosocial factors and the use of medical services: a longitudinal analysis. Soc Sci Med. 1999 May;48(10):1363-72.
- al. Evaluation of medical consultations in a predoctoral dental clinic. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 1995 Oct;80(4):409-13.