Dental Education: Current Scenario and Future Trends
Piyush Tandon, Sheeba Sharma, Vasantha Vijayaraghavan, DRV Kumar, Yogesh Rao
Citation Information :
Tandon P, Sharma S, Vijayaraghavan V, Kumar D, Rao Y. Dental Education: Current Scenario and Future Trends. J Contemp Dent Pract 2012; 13 (1):107-110.
Copyright © 2012; Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd.
How to cite this article
Sharma S, Vijayaraghavan V, Tandon P, Kumar DRV, Sharma H, Rao Y. Dental Education: Current Scenario and Future Trends. J Contemp Dent Pract 2012;13(1):107-110.
- Globalization and its implications for dentistry. ADA News, April 2006. http://www.ada.org/prof/resources/pubs/adanews/adanewsarticle.asp?articleid=1883. Accessed: 7 March 2008.
- Dental education in a flat world: Advocating for increased global collaboration and standardization. J Dental Educ April 2008;72(4):408-20.
- Implications of the growth of dental education in India. J Dent Educ 2006;70(8):884-91.
- The world is flat: A brief history of the twentyfirst century. New York: Farrar, Straus and Giroux 2006.
- Professionalism and challenges in dental education in India. Indian J Med Ethics Oct-Dec 2005;2(4).
- Regulations 6.5.1. [cited 2005 Feb.4] Available from http://mohfw.nic.in/kk/95/ib/95ib0401.htm
- [cited 2005 Jan 30] Available from http://www.dciindia.org
- Dental education in India. Indian J Dent Res Dec 2007;18:93. http://www.ijdr.in/text.asp?2007/18/3/93/33782.
- Dental education in Europe: The challenges of variety. J Dent Educ 2003;67(1):69-78.
- Contents of stomatological curricula in Europe. Eur J Dent Educ 2006;10(2):61-66.
- Dental education in Wuhan, China: Challenges and changes. J Dent Educ 2007;71(2):304-11.
- International perspectives on dental education in India and Japan: Implications for US Dental Programs for Foreign-Trained Dentists. J Dent Educ April 2005;69(4):460-69.
- Dentistry a health profession: A guide to professional conduct. [cited 2005 Feb 4] Available from http://www.facd.org
- Principles of ethics and code of professional conduct (2003). [cited 2005 Feb 4] Available from http://www.ada.org
- Is dentistry a profession? (Part 1). Professionalism defined. Journal of the Canadian Dental Association 2004;70:529-32.
- Musculoskeletal disorders in left-and right-handed Turkish dental students. Int J Neurosci Feb 2005;115(2):255-66.
- (Hony) Brig Dr Anil Kohli. Dentistry India May/Jun 2008;2(3).
- Building a bridge through Sharjah dental link. Adelaidean (Adelaide, Australia), Dec 2005. http://www.adelaide.edu.au/adelaidean/issues/8521/news8522.html. Accessed: 7 March 2008.
- Teledentistry and its use in dental education. J Am Dent Assoc 2003;134;(3):342-46.
- Coeur d'Alene, ID 2007.
- Teledentistry: A new view on oral health care. Access February 2007:8-15.
- The dentist-patient relationship: Perceived dental behaviours that reduce patient anxiety and increase satisfaction. J Am Dent Asso 1988;116:73-76
- A communication skills course for undergraduate dental students. J Dent Educ Sep 2004;68(9):970-77.
- Evidence-based medicine: How to practice and teach EBM? London: Church Livingstone 2000.
- Implementing evidence-based practice in undergraduate teaching clinics: A systematic review and recommendations. J Dent Educ Sep 2004;68(9):995-1003.
- Major long-term factors influencing dental education in 21st century. J Dent Educ 2002;66(3):360-73.
- Second life for dental education. J Dent Educ Nov 2009;73(11):1260-64.