The Effects of Temperature and Light Intensity on the Polymerization Shrinkage of Light-cured Composite Filling Materials
Ahmed A. Elhejazi
Citation Information :
Elhejazi AA. The Effects of Temperature and Light Intensity on the Polymerization Shrinkage of Light-cured Composite Filling Materials. J Contemp Dent Pract 2006; 7 (3):12-21.
CC BY-NC 3.0
Copyright © 2006; Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd.
Pre-heating composite resin materials at body temperature (37°C) is likely to improve physical properties and compensate any drop of light intensity.
Elhejazi AA. The Effects of Temperature and Light Intensity on the Polymerization Shrinkage of Light-cured Composite Filling Materials. J Contemp Dent Pract 2006 July;(7)3:012-021.
- The effects of light intensity, Temperature and Co monomer composition on the polymerization Behavior of di-metacrylate dental resin. J Dent Res, 1999; 78: 1469-1476.
- The competition between the composite-dentin bond strength and polymerization contraction stress. J Dent Res. 1984; 63: 1396-1399.
- Influence of light intensity on polymerization shrinkage and integrity of restoration-cavity interface. 1995. Eur J Oral Sci 103:322-326.
- Non-symmetrical behavior arising from a simple empirical decay function. Trans. Farad Soc. 1970, 66: 80-85.
- Determination of polymerization shrinkage kinetic in visible light-cured materials: Method development. Dent Mater. 1991, 7:281-287.
- , Soh MS, Han VTS, Siow KS. Influence of curing light and modes on cross-link density of dental composites. Operat Dent, 2004, 29:410-415.
- The effect of curing light variations on bilk curing and wall-towall quality of two types and various shades of resin composites. Dent Mater. 1997, 13:344-352.
- Effect of light intensity and exposure duration on cure of resin composite. Operat Dent 1994. 19:26-32.
- Performance of two blue light-emitting-diode dental light curing units with distance and irradiation-time. Dental Mater, 2004, 20:72-79.
- Proc Int Symp: Fotofil Dental Restorative: Franklin Scientific Projects, London p11-16.
- Polymerization shrinkage-strain kinetics of temporary crown and bridge materials. Dent Mater, 2004, 20: 88-95.
- Lucena-Martin C, deHaro-Gasquet F, Vilchez-Diaz MA, de Haro-Munoz C. Influence of Different Composite Restoration Technoques on Cuspal deflection: An In Vitro study. Opert Dent. 2004; 29: 656-660.
- Warming up to composites. Compendium. 2004; 25: 371-376.
- Ballester RY. Relationship between contraction and degree of conversion in restorative composites. Dent Mater. 2004; 20: 939-946.
- Effect of curing tip distance on light intensity and composite resin microhardness. Quintessence International. 1993; 24:517-521.